By Rev Michael Bresciani:
Every day more sordid, revealing and incredulous revelations come down the information highway on Donald Trump. At the same time the sycophantic call to put the loud mouth ahead of all others grows. Does this speak to the character of the nation or is it a collective insanity forced on us by nearly eight years of the wimpy Obama administration?
This writer actually doesn’t care what part of the above question is true, because there is another truth that rises above the question.
The truth is that just as no one listened to the warnings about Barack Obama in both 2008 and 2012 – now, almost no one is listening to the truth about Donald Trump.
Is history is about to repeat itself – with a vengeance?
The list is far too long to make comment on every point, but each is linked for the discerning mind – which we hope still exists in today’s America.
The supreme question in the end is; how can a man who himself is not “great” make “America great again?”
Here are the twelve most important questions Americans can ask the man who thinks he can make the nation “great” again. Let us answer these questions now, or we will be asking only one question in our future – why did we blindly give this man the highest office in the land?
- Is Donald Trump really a Christian? How can someone become a Christian who never asked God for the forgiveness of their own sins?
- Will the growing use of profanity go full bloom if Trump sits in the Oval Office? How will that effect foreign policy?
- If Japanese officers were tried and executed for waterboarding, why would we elect a man who thinks it is perfectly OK to torture prisoners?
- Trump has repeatedly shown his ignorance of the constitution; doesn’t that make him an authoritarian just like any dictator the world has ever seen? Will we be ruled by law, or the whims of the Donald?
- If Trump failed to quote even one verse of the Bible when asked – how could he possibly use the deepest biblical principles to guide the nation?
- How can Trump lead the fight against perversion and child molestation and abuse after publicly admitting to an attraction for his own underage daughter?
- Will Trumps former pro-choice stand and his weak pro-life views leave Roe v. Wade firmly in place as we continue to slaughter babies – which now numbers over 55 million?
- Does Trump think he can pay for endorsements by letting people stay in his hotels? When they refuse to cave do they pop over to his bad guy list?
- Why have only 40 out of a list of 1,000 pastors endorsed Trump? Why are we not listening to the lead of our respected under-shepherds – or the Great Shepard? (Jn 10: 12)
- Can a man who resorts to calling his opponents an expletive which denotes part of the female anatomy ever be considered mature, or a statesmen? Can’t we expect more than this from our Commander in Chief?
- Do the four bankruptcies filed by Trump mean that the Donald can and has already failed – is the economy really safe in his hands?
- When America’s economy crashes as many predict it will, including this writer, will the Donald take responsibility if he is president? Will he become the most hated president in U.S. history?
In order to serve our nation a leader must have the nature and quality of a servant that is why this writer is unashamed to say that I support Ted Cruz, but even if Cruz were not a candidate you now know at least twelve reasons why I would not vote for Trump if he were the only candidate on the list for the GOP nomination.
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” (Mt 20: 25-28)
© Copyright by Rev Michael Bresciani, 2016. All rights reserved.