By Rev Michael Bresciani:
Is the lion sleeping in America?
Among the elite internet cartoonists is one Pat Cross whose work is featured in articles and websites across the spectrum. Cross may have singlehandedly changed the familiar adage of a picture being worth a thousand words to it now being worth ten thousand words or more.
In his latest offering for the month of September Cross depicts a man reading a newspaper with the headlines blazoned across the front page in bold letters – “DEMS DEMAND KAVANAUGH WITHDRAW SCOTUS NOMINATION.”
The man reading the paper asks the question – “Would they really destroy someone’s life for political gain?”
The impact of the cartoon is that it is juxtaposed by another cartoon depicting a fetus presumably still in the womb and a caption that simply reads – “YES”
For the last 45 years abortion has created warfare in America that rages to this day. What amazes us is that so many people are willing to fight for the right to kill other human beings before they can enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness along with the rest of us.
Millions are willing to stand by, or as some would have it – hide behind the 1973 Supreme Court ruling of Roe v. Wade, that does not diminish the crowd of millions who alternatively live by the Bible passage of Proverbs 6: 17.
Proverbs 6: 17 is nestled into an entire passage that sounds very much like what’s going on in America today, but especially in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings in which last minute Me-Too witnesses now seem to be falling out of the woodwork.
The entire passage is as follows.
“These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.” (Pr 6: 16-19)
The movement to save a few deaths by coat hanger abortions has turned out to be the right to kill movement of the now proud group that call themselves pro-abortionists. Who could have foreseen that to save a few women from a bad abortion we would need to destroy the lives of 60 million un-born children to date?
There is no need to belabor the full meaning of the passage in Proverbs – all we need to do is provide a simple check list to see it qualifies for a voice against the presumably enlightened pro-abortionists.
- Verse 16 makes it clear that God hates the practice and considers it an “abomination” which is a term used very little in all of scripture. It is reserved to describe the very worst behaviors of mankind.
- Verse 17 says “a proud look.” Along with the gay pride movement the idea of infusing our latest failings with pride is seen across the social landscape – we are proud of our Antifa movements, women’s libs, anti-conservative movements, anti-Christian movements, Satanism, multi-cultural and diversity movements, and we proudly display our tattoos and the outward symbols of complete control over our bodies – even if that means mutilating them.
- Verse 17 further describes another hated practice “a lying tongue.” This entire generation has swallowed hook, line and sinker the lie that the newly formed life that is growing in a woman’s womb is just a mass of tissue and is in no way human. In truth – we need not test it, or debate over it to prove otherwise. In fact, all we need to prove the lie is leave it completely alone – what results is a fully developed human being with massive potential for becoming a major contributor to our world.
The ‘lump of tissue’ lie is one of the biggest whoppers of all time!
- Verse 17 then uses the term “hands” but for the pro-abortionist the hands of those who abort or support abortion never actually touch a murdered human being. A hireling, or as some see it, a professional paid hitman called an ‘abortion doctor’ uses their hands so the proponents of abortion never get their own hands dirty. But the inference in this passage is inescapable – culpability is everywhere, their hands are all covered with blood.
The human responsibility is impossible to escape – it is human hands that stop other very human hands from ever being able to touch or feel anything in this world.
- At last verse 17 gets to very heart of the matter. It describes the crime of killing another who has done no crime as the shedding of “innocent” blood. The helplessness, the meekness and the completely dependent condition of the un-born forming in the womb provides the very definition of the word “innocent” – to ignore this is why it is not excessive to call abortion murder – and it will never be.
- Verse 18 serves as a summary of the preceding verses. It is the condemnation of minds that not only devise wicked thoughts, but are in a rush to implement and carry out their obviously evil ideas.
Regardless of the outcome, those who oppose the Kavanaugh nomination are running scared because they see a real threat to their right to kill under the law.
This is why the present battle against a conservative Supreme Court nominee and the upcoming mid-term elections are the most important battle in modern times for America.
Christians can no longer take refuge in the idea that politics and faith have no connection. We are the very salt of the earth – are we not supposed to salt the political part of our national heritage.
Wise up believers, much of the outcome in this battle is in our hands. We can battle with our activism, but we can cower by just refusing to vote as if it meant nothing.
According to a poll taken by the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, the most popular quote of modern times may have come from Edmund Burke or as some say John F. Kennedy, but regardless of the source it bears repeating yet once again. To wit:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
© Copyright by Rev Michael Bresciani, 2018. All rights reserved.